NEC Laboratories America, Inc.
10080 North Wolfe Road
Cupertino, CA 95014
Telephone: +1 408-863-6064
- Kiyoshi Nakayama is a researcher in the Energy Management Department at NEC Laboratories America. Prior to NEC Labs, he spent one year at Fujitsu Laboratories of America as a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Smart Energy Research group.
- He completed his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science at the University of California, Irvine in 2014 where he conducted projects on Distributed Smart Grid Control Model, Network Fault Tolerance, Network Traffic Flow Optimization, and Energy Harvesting Wireless Sensor Networks.
Areas of Research
- Networks and Distributed Systems, Smart Energy/Grid, Demand Response, Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, Optimal Flow Control, Fault Tolerance
- Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm), 2012
- Best Paper Award, IEEE International Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems (ICUMT), 2010