"...There is neither happiness nor misfortune in this
world. There is merely a comparison between one state and another, nothing
more. - Edmond Dantès"
NEC Laboratories America, Inc.
4 Independence Way, Suite 200
Princeton, NJ 08520
I am a research staff member in the program verification
group at NEC Laboratories America, Princeton, NJ. I got my Ph.D
in Computer Science from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I
went to the College of Engineering, Guindy for my undergraduate
degree. I am from Pollachi, a small and lively town in Tamil
Nadu, India. I have taken a liking to photography of late.
© 2007-2010 Gogul Balakrishnan.
- Balakrishnan, G., and Reps, T., WYSINWYX: What You See Is Not What You eXecute, In Proc. TOPLAS (to appear). (Journal version of my thesis)
- Balakrishnan, G., Sankaranarayanan, S., Ivancic, F., and Gupta, A., Refining the Control Structure of Loops using Static Analysis, EMSOFT 2009, Grenoble, France.
- Balakrishnan, G. and Ganai, M., PED: Proof-guided Error Diagnosis by Triangulation of Program Error Causes, In Proc. of Software Engineering and Formal Methods (SEFM), Cape Town, South Africa, Nov 2008.
- Balakrishnan, G., Sankaranarayanan, S., Ivancic, F., Wei, O., and
Gupta, A., SLR: Path-Sensitive Analysis Through Infeasible-Path
Detection and Syntactic-Language Refinement. In Proc. Static
Analysis Symposium (SAS), Jul 2008.
- Reps, T. and Balakrishnan, G., Improved Memory-Access Analysis for x86 Executables. In Proc. Compiler Construction, Budapest, Hungary, Apr 2008. [Paper accompanying a
unifying invited talk at ETAPS 08.]
Balakrishnan, G. and Reps, T., Analyzing
stripped device-driver executables.
In Proc. Tools and
Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems (TACAS),
Budapest, Hungary, Apr. 2008.
WYSINWYX: What You See Is Not What You eXecute, Ph.D. dissertation
and Tech. Rep. TR-1603, Computer Sciences Department, University of
Wisconsin, Madison, WI, August 2007.
- Balakrishnan, G. and Reps, T., DIVINE: DIscovering Variables IN eXecutables. In Proc. Conf. on Verification Model Checking and
Abstract Interpretation (VMCAI), (Nice, France, Jan 14-17, 2007). [Invited Paper]
Balakrishnan G. and Reps, T., Recency-abstraction for heap-allocated
In Proc. 13th Static Analysis Symposium (SAS),
- [Complete List]