My research interests are broadly in the areas of
wireless networking, systems and mobile computing, and encompass
designing efficient algorithmic solutions as well as
building experimental systems. At NEC labs, my current research is targeted along two thrusts: (i) pushing the envelope in wireless connectivity as
well as user/network quality of experience to keep pace with the
explosive growth of mobile traffic and services in next generation (5G)
wireless networks; and (ii) leveraging connectivity and computing together to design efficient, scalable applications and services in the age of Internet of Things (IoT).
For more details on various projects and research thrusts, please check here.
Some recent ones...
K. Sundaresan, R. Mahindra, J.V-D. Merwe, S. Rangarajan,
ACM CONEXT 2016.
- "ACACIA:Context-aware Edge Computing over Mobile Networks."
R.Seshadri, M. Arslan,
K. Sundaresan, D. Koutsonikolas, S. Rangarajan,
ACM CONEXT 2016.
- "AmorFi: Amorphous WiFi Networks for High Density Deployments."
K. Sundaresan, M. Khojastepour, S. Rangarajan,
ACM MobiCom 2016.
- "LTE in Unlicensed Spectrum: Are We There Yet?"
K. Sundaresan, S. Krishnamurthy, M. Khojastepour, S. Rangarajan,
ACM CONEXT 2015.
- "BOLT: Realizing High-throughput Powerline Communication Networks."
A. Bannerjee, R. Mahindra, K. Sundaresan, S. Kasera, J. Van Der Merwe, S. Rangarajan,
ACM CONEXT 2015.
- "SCALE: Scaling the LTE Control Plane for Future Mobile Access."
J. Xiong, K. Sundaresan, K. Jamieson, ACM MOBICOM 2015.
- "ToneTrack: Levraging Frequency-agile Radios for Time-based Indoor Wireless Localization."
X. Xie, E. Chai, X. Zhang, K. Sundaresan, M. Khojastepour, S.
Rangarajan, ACM MOBICOM 2015.
- "Hekaton: Efficient and Practical Large-scale MIMO."
Singh, K. Sundaresan, S. Krishnamurthy, X. Zhang, M. Khojastepour, S.
Rangarajan, ACM MOBIHOC 2015.
- "TRINITY: A Practical Transmitter Cooperation Framework to Handle Heterogeneous User Profiles in Wireless Networks"
M. Khojastepour, K. Sundaresan, S. Rangarajan, IEEE
- "Scaling Wireless Full-duplex in Multi-cell Networks"
A comprehensive list of my publications can be found here.
- ACM SIGMOBILE RockStar Award, 2016.
- Business Contribution Award, NEC 2015
- Best Paper Award in ACM CoNEXT 2014
- IEEE Senior Member, 2012
- Best Paper Award in ACM MOBIHOC 2008
- Best Paper Award in IEEE ICNP 2005
- Best Paper Award in IEEE SECON 2005
- Sigma Xi Award for best doctoral thesis, Georgia Tech
- Sigma Xi Award for best master's thesis, Georgia Tech
- University Gold Medal for outstanding academic performance, School of ECE, Anna Univeristy, India
- Ramanujam Centennial Gold Medal for outstanding performance in
Mathematics (across all B.Tech disciplines), Anna University, India
- Alumni Award for best outgoing student in the School of ECE, Anna University, India
- Alumni Award for best undergraduate project thesis, Anna University, India
- IEEE ICDCS, Mobile and Wireless Network Computing Track, 2017
- Editorial Board: IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing
- Program Committee Co-Chair
- IEEE WCNC Workshop on
Cloud-Assisted Radio Access Networks, 2017
- ACM MOBICOM 2016.
- IEEE ICC Workshop on "LTE in Unlicensed Bands: Potential and
- IEEE SECON 2013.
- IEEE WiMesh Workshop 2009; co-located with IEEE SECON 2009.
- NSF Review Panels, 2012, 2013, 2014.
- Poster Chair: ACM MobiHoc 2012, IEEE SECON 2010.
- Demo Chair: IEEE SECON 2010.
- Publicity Chair: ACM MobiCom/MobiHoc 2010.
- Publications Chair: ACM DIWANS Workshop 2006; co-located with ACM MOBICOM 2006.
- "MIMO in Sensor and Ad-hoc Networks: Challenges and Opportunities",
IEEE SECON 2008.
- Evaluation Committee Member: "MIMONet" Project, funded by Italian National Research Council, Jan 2012.
- Technical program committee member: ACM MOBICOM 2008/2011-2015, ACM SIGCOMM 2009, IEEE INFOCOM 2012-2016, IEEE SECON 2009/2012, IFIP Networking 2007/2008.
- Reviewer: IEEE INFOCOM, ICNP; ACM MOBICOM, MOBIHOC, SIGCOMM; IEEE/ACM Trans. on Networking, Mobile Computing, JSAC, etc.