I am a Research Staff Member in the
My interests include file systems,
storage systems, operating systems, and networking. Before coming
to NEC Laboratories, I worked at EMC/Crosstor on disk-based file
systems, stackable file systems, and storage-area networks.
Before that, I worked at AT&T Bell Laboratories in the UNIX System
V kernel development group.
- HYDRAstor File System -- a
file system built on top of a content-addressable storage system.
- NFS Performance Enhancements -- NFS client changes to improve the
throughput of large sequential write workloads. Test results from an early version can be
found here. Source
code from the final version can be found here.
- S. Rago, A. Bohra, and C. Ungureanu. "Using Eager
Strategies to Improve NFS I/O Performance," 6th IEEE International Conference on
Networking, Architecture, and Storage, July 2011. (Awarded best paper.)
- C. Ungureanu, A. Aranya, S. Gokhale, S. Rago, B. Atkin, A. Bohra,
C. Dubnicki, and G. Calkowski. "HydraFS: A High-Throughput File
System for the HYDRAstor Content-Addressable Storage System," Proceedings of the 8th USENIX Conference
on File and Storage Technologies, February 2010.
- S. Yin, Y. Luo, L. Zong, S. Rago, J. Yu, N. Ansari, and T.
Wang. "Storage Area Network Extension over Passive Optical
Networks (S-PONs)," IEEE
Communications Magazine, January 2008.
- R. Stevens and S. Rago.
Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment, 2nd Edition.
Addison-Wesley, 2005. Book's
- M. Clark and S. Rago. "The DeskTop File System," Proceedings of the Summer 1994 USENIX
Conference, pp. 113-124.
- S. Rago. UNIX System V
Network Programming. Addison-Wesley, 1993.
- S. Rago. "A Look at the Ninth Edition Network File System,"
UNIX Research System Papers,
Tenth Edition, Volume II, 1990, pp. 513-522.
- S. Rago. "Out-of-Band Communication in STREAMS," Proceedings of the Summer 1989 USENIX
Conference, pp. 29-37.
- "Apparatus and Method for Maintaining a File System Index," U.S.
Patent No. 8,135,763.
- "Selection of Migration Methods Including Partial Read Restore in
Distributed Storage Management," U.S. Patent No. 8,055,724.
- "File System Query and Method of Use," U.S. Patent No. 7,805,416.
- "Apparatus and Method for Building a File System Index," U.S.
Patent No. 7,783,615.
- "Self-describing File System," U.S. Patent No. 7,167,867.
- "Distributed Resource Management in a Storage Area Network," U.S.
Patent No. 6,826,580.